As I train most mornings I like to refuel with a big cooked breakfast after. However, rather than a traditional fry up I like to make a breakfast salad with whatever ingredients I have on hand. This breakfast fills me up until lunch time and provides me with all the nutrients I need.
- 2 eggs
- Handful mushrooms
- 2 rashers bacon
- 1/2 Zucchini
- 1 cup baby spinach / Kale / Mixed Salad
- 1/4 Avocado
- 5 cocktail tomatoes
- 2 tbs Persian Fetta
- 2 tbs mixed seeds
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Boil the eggs for 2 mins for a slightly runny middle.
- Cut the bacon up in small pieces
- Fry the bacon until it starts to crisp up, then add the mushrooms and zucchini
- Place baby spinach / kale / salad in a bowl and top with bacon mixture, tomatoes, feta, avocado and seeds, squeeze some lemon juice over and a splash of olive oil. If you’re like me also add a few good splashes of Tabasco sauce.